Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You're Darn Tootin' Part Deux: A Passmore Gas update


The library cop from Seinfeld, Mr. Bookman

We always enjoy getting comments from you dear readers out there and sometimes we can learn a thing or two. Regarding our post a while back about the Passmore Gas and Propane Company's storage tank in Hope, Arizona, Anonymous tells us:

Passmore Gas & Propane is NO joke. The owner's name is Randall Passmore, they have a location in Blythe, CA and Lake Havasu City, AZ. They deliver propane and GASoline to homes and businesses. I should know, I was customer service rep.


This is just too good to be true and reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the library "cop" named Mr. Bookman. I would certainly use Passmore Gas as my propane company if I lived in the area, just for the name alone. Writing "Passmore Gas" on a check would make bill-paying a chuckle-inducing pleasure. We used to have a septic tank pumping company here in Rhode Island named Mr. Cesspool that we also employed strictly because of their funny name. Alas, they were bought out by another company and the Mr. Cesspool moniker was flushed away.

No comments: