As you might have gathered, we're big fans of old-fashioned roadside souvenirs. One of my favorites is this beauty from the Devil's Rope Museum, a barbed wire depository in McLean, Texas. It's a stunningly crafted shellacked plank of Texas with a deluxe rope border and a fine sampler from legendary barbed wire innovators J. Brinkerhoff, T.V. Allis, D.C. Stover and C.D. Rogers. I don't remember what I paid for it, but it was worth every penny. It's so beloved, in fact, that it's hung on my office partition just above the equally beloved "God Bless This Camper" souvenir plate...a spot of no higher honor, barb none.
Day 18: Northeastern Tennessee
-
Back to our regularly schedule programming… Here’s my photo from 2007 the
same year that Java J’s opened in Bristol, TN: Around 2012, the place
became Bris...
4 days ago
2 comments:
That is a heavy duty souvenir! I too have a God Bless this Camper plate, and a God Bless this Trailer plate too. I was looking at them this morning and thought, I wonder if anyone else has these? I guess you do! How cool!
Amber, There's a funny story with our "God bless this camper" plate. We picked one up at a flea market for 25 cents. Then, several years later, Sherry's parents bought a used furnished camper and inside it was the same exact plate. I considered a sign from God that the camper truly was blessed (or maybe God likes to go to flea markets, I'm not sure).
Post a Comment