Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving from Turkeytown

Today is Thanksgiving and I'm thankful to live in a country full of small communities with whimsical names, like Turkeytown, Alabama. I had the pleasure of driving unexpectedly through Turkeytown last fall and had to do a U-turn to snap a picture to document my delight at such a wonderful place. A Google search shows Alabama isn't the only state graced with a Turkeytown: there's a Turkeytown, Pennsylvania, a Turkeytown, Kentucky, and a Turkeytown, Tennessee. North Carolina has a town named Turkey, so that's a Turkey town too. And, of course, Istanbul is a Turkey town, but on a much grander scale. Pass the gravy.


Bill said...

Some might call North Providence "Turkeytown"...but that would be mean. Hey, how did your roof make out in the "flood" and "wind strorm"? I hate it when my roof gets damaged by a flood!

Gunnar and Sherry said...

We weathered the"storm"!