Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Girl, we couldn't get much Ohio-er: Scenes from the Buck-eye State




World's biggest cuckoo clock, left.


You can park your heini anywhere.

Autographed hot dog buns at Tony Packo's in Toledo.

What's all the hubbub at the Hub of Hubbard, Bub?



The Longaberger Basket Company's picnic basket shaped building.

I remember Maumee.

Birthplace of "third-rate non-entity" President Rutherford B. Hayes.



WHIZ, southeastern Ohio's news leader.

Zippy the Roo, mascot of the University of Akron.

2 comments:

Amber Von Felts said...

Nice Salute to Ohio! I used to live there for a few years, my Mom & sis are still there. I go back every once in a while to visit but never get to see anything like this! Its usually during Christmas and to my Californian self, there is only one place to be when the snow falls and that's indoors with some cocoa!

Gunnar and Sherry said...

Amber: The next time you're in Ohio, I highly recommend a detour to the Lonbgaberger picnic basket building in Newark. Watch out for the giant ants, though.