Saturday, December 4, 2010

Most smiles are started by another smile


This bit of whimsy was spotted in the charming seaport town of Gloucester, Massachusetts. The viewer is one of those classic binocular sight-seeing devices manufactured by the Tower Optical Company, in business for 77 years. You know you're at a great old-time tourist place when you see one of those babies and I really love how they haven't been modernized much over the years. The smile comes courtesy of an anonymous, yet brilliant artist. Picasso himself couldn't have done a better job. Funny how one curved line of graffiti can really make your day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The only thing I've seen that's made me as happy is someone turning a no smoking sign into a 'no pie' sign. Pretty classic.

http://blog.ivman.com/wp-content/NoPie.jpg

Brady
Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

Gunnar and Sherry said...

No pie? Hilarious! Although I'm not sure I want to live in a no-pie zone.