Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tombstone, Arizona and I don't feel a day over 49


This was a big day for us at Eccentric Roadside for two reasons. Firstly, we spent the day driving around the awesome state of Arizona, starting in Tucson, then down to Bisbee, and then up to Tombstone. Secondly, I turned a half-a-century today, and if you have to get old, you might as well do it in Tombstone, "the town too tough to die." I've got a lot to be grateful for and as Frank Sinatra once sang, "the best is yet to come and babe won't it be fine..."

6 comments:

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Rick Kilby said...

Congrats, I'm not too far behind you!

Bill said...

Your boyish good looks notwithstanding, I always thought you were older then me because of your wisdom and calm demeanor. I'm an idiot. Happy Birthday, you Old Bag.

Gunnar and Sherry said...

Thank you one and all! Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you, if you're old at heart.

Denise said...

What a cool way to spend your birthday! I'm going to have you plan my 50th birthday road trip. You've got 7 years to think about it. No, make that 6. Oh boy, old age is setting in already!

Gunnar and Sherry said...

Thanks Denise! I think a trip to Shady Dell in Bisbee is an absolute must for you! In fact, I think you, Greg, Amey, Manny, Steph, Sherry and I should all move there!